kinnery, twenty summers old. someday, we'll become birds and snowflakes and dandelion seeds, and we'll fly away on the wind like the vagabond souls we are. take my hand.

kinnery@live.ca

i won't break

i'm afraid of cracking your porcelain features. you made me promise not to treat you like you're fragile, but it's impossible when your painted-on lips could split at any moment.
"no," you whisper. "take a step back. nothing is impossible."
and then the trees manage to flower again, new life is taking shape, your eyes are softening. i'm not afraid to touch you anymore.
but when i do, the moment is over, grey creeps back into the world, you shatter into infinite pieces and your whisper disappears into the wind. i can swear i hear you singing, "sundays are filled with beautiful endings," and then there is nothing left of you but dust.

i broke my promise. so did you.


p.s. snow is taking over the world. i danced in bare feet across the courtyard and caught as many snow flakes as i could. my toes are numb and my cheeks are red and flushed. i am content.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, dear. Thank you for your sweet comment. You have a lovely blog here. I shall be looking out for more posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, love. That would make you my first reader. :)

    ReplyDelete

remember that you are beautiful. thank you for your thoughts.