kinnery, twenty summers old. someday, we'll become birds and snowflakes and dandelion seeds, and we'll fly away on the wind like the vagabond souls we are. take my hand.

kinnery@live.ca

breadcrumbs and spools of yarn

i had a beautiful day. i was handed freedom and the potential for beauty, my name on god's list of those with a key.

your fingers laced through mine, and i could feel feel a pulse, strong (yours or mine? i cannot tell). i could feel our blood beating together, a beat in my chest, fingers, face, toes, beating each in independent rhythms. our bodies are one. our minds are one. our lives are one. do not forget; we are nothing but bombed out villages, overrun with grass and weeds.

we seem to figure ourselves as solid beings. what fallacies we believe.
no. trace the labyrinthine lines in your skin. bring breadcrumbs (don't absentmindedly nibble them; they are your compass). bring spools of yarn to tangle in the crossroads and trace with mindful fingers. bring paper, pen, compass; draw your own map. still, i assure you, you'll get lost in the foliage, folds of your skin. don't hesitate to accepts gifts from the strangers you meet; so many carry universes meant only for you. i have learned this lesson well. i no longer try to escape the lines in my skin. i've learned i'm not solid, but composed of infinite parts. i can only hope to wander out by accident one day. c'est difficile à rêver quand on est perdu dans votre peau.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a breathtakingly beautiful post:

    "i no longer try to escape the lines in my skin. i've learned i'm not solid, but composed of infinite parts."

    Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this with every fibre of my being, beautiful Kinnery. You have such grace and elegance in every word about you, even your name fill beauty deep into my veins.

    These feelings, we both feel them, you and I. I fear that mine are becoming more like wishful thoughts than memories, however. I wish for our carcasses to become somehow joined and fill with purpose, with love. It's a mystery how any of it will happen, but my hope in such things is not lost, is it?

    Please never stop writing, I could read you forever.

    Wishing you well,
    Your Norah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i have created a blogspot, i did not think that i will discover such a prodigy. Kinnery, your words are wonderful. Thank you, i will draw my own map.
    (btw, do you speak french?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your wonderful comments, my friends. I find it so hard to be confident in my own words.

    Sanae, I do speak some (although I am far from fluent, as you can probably tell from my attempts to use the language). It's my goal to someday become fluent. I've done an exchange to Québec, and I'm doing a minor in French... It's such a wonderful language. Is it your first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is amazing. so amazing. 'bring spools of yarn to tangle in the crossroads and trace with mindful fingers. bring paper, pen, compass; draw your own map.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je conses avec toi, c'est très difficile à rêver quand on est perdu dans votre peau. Mais, je prends ça por l'autre raisons, non? Peut-être.

    Je t'aime mon amie, votre mots sont merveilleux.


    (re-learning french, please put up with my horrific grammar <3)

    ReplyDelete

remember that you are beautiful. thank you for your thoughts.